Seven for Sunday
- I can hear the rain outside, it’s lovely.
- I drank a shit tonne of beer this weekend, and no hangover. WIN!
- I can feel all the work I did for bootcamp start to disappear. I really need to stop with the yo yo exercising.
- I have yet another date on Wednesday, this one seems promising. I have not heard the standard “I’m not looking for anything serious” statement yet. Though, who knows - it seems that the only men attracted to me, are those who are taken or just out of messy relationships. I’m not your play thing. I want something real and I deserve it. So, man up.
- Old Kevin Smith movies are so ingenious.
- I want to live on Toronto Island, every day, forever and ever.
- I hated myself briefly on Saturday morning, after texting “the dude” drunkenly Friday night. Have since deleted his number. Never again. Apart from the awkward run ins, in my building. Fuck me.
what you said was:
"i don't respect women who don't respect themselves"
what you meant was:
"i and society as a whole hold women up to ridiculous respectability standards directly relating to the "purity" of said women while hypersexualizing them at the same time and if you are a woman and don't fit my awkward monolith of criteria then i refuse to acknowledge your humanity"
what i heard was:
"hi i'm a misogynist piece of shit, please punch me in my face"
Watchin Mallrats tonight - snoochie boochies!
First ever bathbomb :)
Just as Marvin Gaye moved from What’s Going On to Let’s Get It On, from the austere to the ecstatic, Janet, every bit as serious-minded as Marvin, moved from Rhythm Nation to janet., her statement of sexual liberation.
janet. was released 20 years ago today.
This is the first cassette tape I ever bought. I played it so much I had to buy 2 other copies, because the tapes broke. 3 years ago I finally bought it on CD from Sonic Boom. It’s the still the best album I ever bought.
And now for more beer.
The duckies came to say hello :)